I can hardly wait for the Icebreaker Friends and Family sale on Friday. Icebreaker is amazing, and I need more.
1. It’s wool. Which is natural and sustainable.
2. Somehow, the brilliant creators have made it so it that it doesn’t absorb odors. Yup, no stinky armpits.
3. It’s lightweight and breathable so I can run in it in the summer…
4. …and yet keeps me warm on those 5:30 am runs in the winter!
5. Each piece is cut really well. So they fit nicely, and when something fits nicely I look better. And I like that.
6. Little details: my sweater (which looks a little like this one, but it’s red) has those cool over-the-hand warmers, and it has a handy low-profile pocket on the arm just big enough for an iPod and a credit card.
7. They last forever. Absolutely worth the investment. But… speaking of investment
8. It’s time for the Friends & Family Sale! While each piece of Icebreaker Merino is a worthy investment, wouldn’t you like to get those awesome items for 50-80% off?
I know, RIGHT?
Last year, I scored Christmas and birthday presents for several people. And for myself! My favorite is a base-layer, long sleeve scoop neck that is PERFECT for running in the early mornings. It normally retails for around $80 I think. I got it for $20! I’m hoping to find another one tomorrow. Oh, and since ZooLights is right around the corner, I need some base layer bottoms as well!
I’m also scouting kids clothes, and a base layer for Brian. Since I love mine so much, I think he would like some, too.
Here are the sale details. If you’re in Portland, Oregon, you should 100% make time for this sale!
ICEBREAKER FRIENDS & FAMILY SALE
Friday, November 18
10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
525 NW 10th Avenue, where NW 10th meets Hoyt.
I had no trouble finding street parking within a block last year.
If you go to the sale, be sure to let me know what amazing deals you found!
Here’s more about what makes Icebreaker so great: